Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Favorites Posts From the Web This Week

I thought I'd share some of my favorite posts this week. It might be recipes and it might be helpful information but either way I enjoyed it and I'm sharing!

Some peanut buttery goodness going on over at Oatmeal With A Fork. Maybe you'll make some peanut butter and then use that good stuff to make these. I'm a huge fan of making my own treats, especially if it can satisfy a craving for some store-bought processed thing that has a million ingredients. It feels super good when you can create something healthier at home that rivals a popular junk food item. Trust me. I haven't tried this version yet, only a regular pb cup. But who doesn't want extra peanut butter? So these are on my list to try.

The Foodbabe covers a bit of helpful info on all the foods (or food-like particles) we eat in our standard American diet that includes ingredients banned in other countries. So you know, that's nice. They feed us the poison and these other smarter countries get the better (notice I didn't say good, most of these products are still barely considered food) stuff.  Now, when you're ready to really find out what's in your diet, you'll check out some of her other under cover articles. It's pretty disturbing.

This one is from last week, but since I've been seeing lots of requests to purchase Girl Scout Cookies I'm sharing it anyway. I wish I could support the Girl Scouts. I really do. I just can't though. Aside from the fact that these products don't belong in my kitchen, I also can't really offer to donate boxes of nutritionally void items to shelters or soldiers. If they want to spend their money on it? That is their decision. I won't provide it though. I'm truly sorry to all the gals I know who have girls trying to sell them and I'm sure you'll find lots of other open wallets excited about these things, but I'm not one of them. Anyway, here is Eating Rules take on why he won't by them either.

And finally, the entire reason I'm obsessed with nut and seed butters. Kath breaks down all her favorites for you. I've been following her for years now and watching her recipes for oatmeals and her creative breakfasts is why I am obsessed with breakfast foods and also why I drink my iced coffee in a glass jar. It makes it feel more fancy. Which makes me not miss spending $5 (or more) a day at a popular coffee chain. She is so great about finding fun toppings for things like oatmeal and pancakes and french toast and now I never have to repeat a combo which means not only do I never get bored but I'm practically excited to get up and eat a good healthy breakfast everyday.

Go. Read. Let me know if you enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment