Saturday, January 26, 2013

What I had for lunch

You know you're curious. How does she really eat?

This is sort of a typical lunch for me these days. I will eat little bites of lots of things based on what I'm feeling like and if I feel like having small bites of many things I do just that. I tend to do it 'salad style' on a bed of greens, depending on what sort of greens we have. My favorite are baby greens with kale and spinach. Baby greens just have such a mild flavor, and can easily be swapped for regular boring iceberg and romaine lettuce. Plus you've just upped your nutritional intake by quite a bit. Note: I typically tend to add the more mature greens like regular kale and spinach to cooked recipes, since their flavor seems to bit a bit stronger to me.


So, in the bowl above this is what I have for today:
- Mixed greens with spinach
- avocado mixed with Fage 0% plain yogurt, red onion, cilantro and lemon juice (avocados are so yummy and pretty cheap right now so this is something we've been doing a lot lately!)
-homemade roasted red pepper hummus
-leftover quinoa, cooked with vegetable broth
-raw zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, and sugar snap peas (cut extras of these to have on hand, as I talked about here)
-on the side, in the pink bag I have half a red grapefruit and I am also having a tiny serving of reduced salt potato chips (not a normal purchase for us, but an occasional 'ok' type of thing, as long as the ingredient list is reduced to something like 'potatoes, safflower oil and salt')
- to drink I have water

What are you having for lunch today?

No comments:

Post a Comment